MAFLT Courses begin the second week of January. See other important dates below.
MAFLT Events in Spring 2022
- Spring Town Hall – Tuesday, January 11, at 7 p.m. – All students in Spring 2022 courses should attend
- Midweek Meetups – Every two weeks – Tuesdays 7-7:30 p.m. – Open to students, alumni, and others by invitation
- Graduation Events – the weekend of Commencement – Friday, May 6 – Those graduating in Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Summer 2022 are encouraged to walk, but all recent alumni are welcome to events.
FLT Courses Offered – Spring 2022
- FLT 807 Methods of Foreign Language Teaching – Dr. Fred Poole
- FLT 808 Assessment in Foreign Language Teaching – Dr. Fred Poole
- FLT 817 Program Development & Administration – Dr. Amanda Lanier
- FLT 815 Culture and Intercultural Competence – Dr. Bruna Sommer-Farias
- FLT 860 Foreign or Second Language Acquisition (F/SLA) – Dr. Fred Poole
- FLT 841 Special Topics: Literacy in a Foreign Language – Dr. Bruna Sommer-Farias
- FLT 885 Experiential Modules (MAFLT students only) – Dr. Bruna Sommer-Farias
- FLT 898 Final Portfolio/Comprehensive Exam (MAFLT and FLT Cert students only) – Dr. Amanda Lanier
Enroll in Courses
Please review our instructions for enrollment, even if you are an experienced FLT student. The MSU website for searching, enrolling, and reviewing academic status has changed! Current students in our FLT programs should also refer to MAFLT Students Home in SharePoint or Teams: michiganstate.sharepoint.com/sites/MAFLT.
What should you do if you cannot enroll in the course(s) you want or need? Complete our internal Special Enrollment Form. Click How to Enroll for further instructions.
New this Year – Certificate Option for MSU Students and Lifelong Learners
As of Fall 2021, students may participate in FLT courses by applying to the MAFLT Program, to the Graduate Certificate in Foreign Language Teaching, or as a Lifelong Learning student. Click Help to send a request for more information.
Important Dates in Spring 2022
MSU Academic Calendar + Academic Calendar via student.msu.edu
MAFLT Students SharePoint Site + Announcements via Teams > MAFLT Students
|1/10/2022||MSU Courses officially begin – FLT courses will be released by Friday, 1/14|
|1/11/2022||MAFLT Town Hall – 7 p.m. via Zoom, then Gather.Town|
|1/14/2022||Last day to add a course (Late fee unless you are a new student)|
|2/4/2022||Last day to drop a course with refund – by 8 p.m. Eastern!|
|3/2/22||Last day to drop a course with no 0.0 grade reported – by 8 p.m. Eastern!|
|3/7-11/2022||MSU Spring Break|
|4/1/2022||FLT Application Deadline for Spring 2022|
|4/29/2022||MSU official end of classes before Finals Week|
|5/6/2022||Last possible due date for assignments|
|5/6/2022||MSU Commencement for Advanced Degrees (commencement.msu.edu/graduate-information)|
|5/11/2022||Final grades released via D2L and MSU SIS|