Tuition and Fees
Foreign Language Teaching courses have one of the lowest tuition rates of any graduate program at MSU – which has nothing to do with program quality! Students accepted the Master of Arts or the Certificate pay the same rate, $700 per credit = $2100 per course, regardless of residency (same tuition for in-state, out-of-state, or international).
See “Online Foreign Language Teaching Masters” in the tuition list from the MSU Controller’s Office:
- Incoming students – 5 per semester – covers tuition for 3 credits – apply during admissions process
- Master’s project – 1 selected per year – requires EM application and faculty letter of support
Student Accounts – Accessing and Troubleshooting
Access your account, along with many other tasks, through SIS (Student Information System).
Student Guide to Student Accounts: https://sis.msu.edu/_assets/documents/students/StudentGuide-StudentAccounts.pdf
Need help with MSU Financial Aid?
MSU Controller’s Office – Payment Plan: https://ctlr.msu.edu/COStudentAccounts/PaymentPlanFAQ.aspx
You do not have to pay your tuition all at once each semester. MSU offers interest-free payment plans. Contact the Controller’s Office directly with questions.
Seeking Financial Aid – MSU Resources
MSU Office of Financial Aid: https://finaid.msu.edu/
MSU Graduate School Financial Aid page: https://grad.msu.edu/funding
MSU Libraries Guide to Grants & Financial Aid: https://libguides.lib.msu.edu/grants
In this library guide: Click Grants for Individuals
Federal Loans for U.S. residents
If you are a U.S. resident, you are eligible to apply for FAFSA loans. Note that for FAFSA you must enroll in at least 2 courses each semester (considered half-time for graduate students).
About FAFSA at MSU: https://finaid.msu.edu/sships.asp
MSU Support for Veterans and Families
Office of Financial Aid – General Information for Veterans: finaid.msu.edu/veterans
- MSU has assembled a web page for student who are veterans, reservists, or have other military affiliation. See the MSU Student Veterans Information page.
- U.S. military veterans may be eligible for various benefits through the GI Bill®. See the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website for more information.
- For more information about veterans’ benefits at MSU and to apply for certification, contact the MSU’s Veterans’ Certification Office.
Student Assistant Jobs
Hourly jobs: 5-20 hours per week for full semester
Project jobs: 10-12 hours total to 50 hours total
Student Assistant Jobs – Paid positions through the MAFLT Program
Further details are provided on MAFLT Students (sharepoint.com) – see News or main menu for FLT Jobs page.
Other Questions about Tuition and Finances
If you have other questions about these topics, there are some that the MAFLT Office can answer, and many that we cannot. You should contact the Controller’s Office or the Office of Financial Aid directly.