Information about upcoming events is also shared via Twitter and Facebook. For information about past events where students have given presentations, see our Student Accomplishments page.
- Language Educator VIVID Project Article
- Moving beyond banning AI in language classes
- Assessing Intercultural Competence – Extempore Extravaganza 2023
- Connect with the Coalition for Community-Based Heritage Language Schools
- LCTL Special Interest Group – ACTFL Webinar
- Teacher Isolation is Real, but are Virtual Networks the Answer?
Professional Development Videos
FLT Everywhere YouTube Playlist
One of many playlists on the
Conferences and Professional Organizations
The organizations listed below all have annual conferences that the MAFLT faculty attend regularly:
National & International:
- ACTFL: www.actfl.org
- CALICO: calico.org – technology & FLT
- NCOLCTL: ncolctl.org – less-commonly-taught languages
- NHLRC Institute – https://nhlrc.ucla.edu/nhlrc/professional#researchinstitutes – heritage languages
- NABE – nabe.org – bilingual education
- Central States: csctfl.wildapricot.org/
- Northeast – NECTFL: www.nectfl.org/conference/
- Southeast – SCOLT: www.scolt.org
- Southwest – SWCOLT: www.swcolt.org
- Michigan – MIWLA: miwla.org or your state’s local conference.
You all have material to present – talk to faculty!
Workshops and Institutes
- CARLA Summer Institutes in Minnesota: carla.umn.edu/institutes
- CERCLL Intercultural Competence Conference in Arizona: cercll.arizona.edu/event/2020-intercultural-competence-conference
Professional Development Events & Media
This workshop series is offered on campus in the CeLTA Main Space. CeLTA is the academic unit that is home to the MAFLT. Workshops are recorded and shared on the CeLTA YouTube channel. Follow the link above.
MAFLT faculty present in the series, and MAFLT students have as well. Check out the video below of a CeLTA PD event in which several current students and alumni discussed their work as language teachers and their views of the field from different parts of the U.S.
MAFLT Student Panel in CeLTA PD Series – February 12, 2019