Information about upcoming events is also shared via Twitter and Facebook. For information about past events where students have given presentations, see our Student Accomplishments page.
Conferences and Professional Organizations
If you want to submit a conference proposal, also consider these events in 2020:
National & International:
- ACTFL: www.actfl.org
- CALICO: calico.org – technology & FLT
- NCOLCTL: ncolctl.org – less-commonly-taught languages
- NHLRC Institute – https://nhlrc.ucla.edu/nhlrc/professional#researchinstitutes – heritage languages
- NABE – nabe.org – bilingual education
- Central States: csctfl.wildapricot.org/
- Northeast – NECTFL: www.nectfl.org/conference/
- Southeast – SCOLT: www.scolt.org
- Michigan – MIWLA: miwla.org or your state’s local conference.
You all have material to present – talk to faculty.
Workshops and Institutes
- CARLA Summer Institutes in Minnesota: carla.umn.edu/institutes
- CERCLL Intercultural Competence Conference in Arizona: cercll.arizona.edu/event/2020-intercultural-competence-conference
Professional Development Events & Media
This workshop series is offered on campus in the CeLTA Main Space. CeLTA is the academic unit that is home to the MAFLT. Workshops are recorded and shared on the CeLTA YouTube channel. Follow the link above.
MAFLT faculty present in the series, and MAFLT students have as well. Check out the video below of a CeLTA PD event in which several current students and alumni discussed their work as language teachers and their views of the field from different parts of the U.S.
MAFLT Student Panel in CeLTA PD Series – February 12, 2019