This post will be updated as the semester approaches. (Last updated 7/31/2020)
MAFLT fall courses begin after Labor Day. That means FLT courses will be available in D2L (d2l.msu.edu) by Sept. 9 this year. Most courses have due dates every week on the same day of the week. See below for other important dates.
Courses Offered in Fall Semester
Open to All MSU Students and Lifelong Learners:
- FLT 807 Foreign Language Teaching Methods with Dr. Sommer-Farias
- FLT 841 Special Topics: Sociolinguistics & Spoken Language with Dr. Poole
- FLT 845 Language Concepts for FLT with Dr. Sommer-Farias
- FLT 881 Teaching Foreign Languages with Technology with Dr. Poole
Now also offered in fall semesters (previously only spring):
- FLT 817 FL Program Development and Administration with Dr. Lanier
Open to MAFLT Students:
If you are nearing the end of program, you may enroll in one of these two courses. Further information on EMs and Final Portfolios is available in the MAFLT Community in D2L.
- FLT 885 Experiential Module (override required)
- FLT 898 Final Portfolio (Comprehensive Exam) (override required)
This schedule is subject to change for a number of reasons. If you have questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Program Director, Dr. Amanda Lanier.
Do you need to request an override?
- Students in MSU Programs other than the MAFLT
- Lifelong Learners taking FLT courses
- MAFLT students enrolling in FLT 885 or FLT 898
Find out more and access the Override Request Form on the How to Enroll page.
Important Dates for Fall 2020
- June 1, 2020 – MAFLT Application Deadline for Fall 2020
- July 24, 2020 (8 p.m.) – Last day to enroll without a late fee – by 8 p.m.
- Sept. 2, 2020 – Official start of classes – FLT courses begin after Labor Day
- Sept. 9, 2020 (8 p.m.) – Last day to add a course for Fall 2020
- Sept. 28, 2020 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop with refund
- Oct. 15, 2020 – MAFLT Application Deadline for Spring 2021
- Oct. 21, 2020 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop with no grade reported
- Dec. 11, 2020 – Official end of classes
- Dec. 18, 2020 – Last possible due date for assignments