MAFLT spring courses begin the week of January 11, 2020. This start date reflects the same schedule as the general MSU Academic Calendar.
UPDATE: The university has pushed back the start of classes for Spring 2021. For MAFLT courses, that means that Module 1 will be due the week of January 25.
Representative syllabi for FLT courses are provided on the Courses page of this site and in the D2L MAFLT Community.
This post will be updated as the semester approaches. (Last updated 1/4/2021)
FLT courses will be activated in D2L (d2l.msu.edu) by Friday, January 15. The MAFLT Program and your individual instructors will also send updates to all enrolled students in the weeks prior to the course so that you can order textbooks as needed and prepare. Refer to this page for further enrollment instructions and advice:
Most FLT courses have 12 modules of content that are due on the same day of the week every week. The remaining weeks of the semester are devoted to course introductions and final assignments.
See below for other important dates.
Courses Offered in Spring 2021
Open to All MSU Students and Lifelong Learners:
MAFLT Students can find further instructions, links to forms, and reminders here in our SharePoint site: Enroll in Courses.
- FLT 860 Foreign/Second Language Acquisition (F/SLA) with Dr. Poole
- FLT 808 Assessment in FLT with Dr. Poole
- FLT 815 Culture (and Interculturality) in FLT with Dr. Sommer-Farias and Dr. Lanier (two sections)
- FLT 841 Special Topics: Literacy in a Foreign Language with Dr. Sommer-Farias
- FLT 817 Program Development & Administration with Dr. Lanier
- FLT 807 Methods of FLT with Dr. Sommer-Farias (new addition to spring line-up)
Open to MAFLT Students:
If you are nearing the end of program, you may enroll in one of these two courses. Further information on EMs and Final Portfolios is available in the MAFLT Community in D2L.
- FLT 885 Experiential Modules with Dr. Poole (request override)
- FLT 898 Final Portfolios Dr. Lanier (request override)
This schedule is subject to change for a number of reasons. If you have questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need to request an override?
- Students in MSU Programs other than the MAFLT
- Lifelong Learners taking FLT courses
- MAFLT students enrolling in FLT 885 or FLT 898
Find out more and access the Override Request Form on the How to Enroll page.
Important Dates for Spring 2021
- Nov. 13 – 2020 (8 p.m.) – Last day to enroll without a late fee – by 8 p.m.
- Jan. 19, 2021 – Official start of classes (D2L courses will appear prior to that week)
- Jan. 25, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to add a course for Spring 2021
- Feb. 12, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop with refund
- Mar. 10, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop with no grade reported
- Apr. 1, 2021 – MAFLT Application Deadline for Summer 2021
- Apr. 23, 2021 – Official end of classes
- Apr. 30, 2021 – Last possible due date for assignments