In the summer of 2021 (US21), MAFLT courses begin the week of May 17-21. This start date reflects the same schedule as the general MSU Academic Calendar. All FLT courses are scheduled to run the full 13 weeks from May 17 to August 19.
Representative syllabi for FLT courses are provided on the Courses page of this site and in the D2L MAFLT Community.
This post will be updated as the semester approaches. (Last updated 3/16/2021)
FLT courses will be activated in D2L (d2l.msu.edu) and Microsoft Teams (teams.microsoft.com) by Friday, May 21. The MAFLT Program and your individual instructors will also send updates to all enrolled students in the weeks prior to the course so that you can order textbooks as needed and prepare.
Refer to this page for further enrollment instructions and advice:
Most FLT courses have 12 modules of content that are due on the same day of the week every week. The remaining weeks of the semester are devoted to course introductions and final assignments.
See below for other important dates.
Courses Offered in Summer 2021
Open to All MAFLT Students, Other MSU Students, and Lifelong Learners:
MAFLT Students can find further instructions, links to forms, and reminders here in our SharePoint site: Enroll in Courses.
- FLT 807 Methods of Foreign Language Teaching
- FLT 860 Foreign/Second Language Acquisition (F/SLA)
- FLT 808 Assessment in Foreign Language Teaching
- FLT 841 Special Topics: Literacy in a Foreign Language
- FLT 881 Technology in Foreign Language Teaching
Open to MAFLT Students only:
If you are nearing the end of program, you may enroll in one of these two courses. Further information on EMs and Final Portfolios is available in the MAFLT Community in D2L.
This schedule is subject to change for a number of reasons. If you have questions, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need to request an override?
- Students in MSU Programs other than the MAFLT
- Lifelong Learners taking FLT courses
- MAFLT students enrolling in FLT 885 or FLT 898
Find out more and access the Override Request Form on the How to Enroll page.
Important Dates for Summer 2021
- May 17, 2021 – Official start of classes (D2L courses will appear prior to that week)
- May 17, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to enroll without a late fee – by 8 p.m.
- May 21, 2021 – (8 p.m.) – Last day to add a course for Summer 2021
- June 9, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop with refund
- July 1, 2021 – MAFLT Application Deadline for Fall 2021
- July 2, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop with no grade reported
- Aug. 19, 2021 – Official end of classes and last possible due date for assignments