Last updated: August 31, 2021
MAFLT Courses begin after Labor Day. See other important dates below.
Current Students: Join us for the Fall Town Hall on September 7 at 7 p.m.!*
Foreign Language Teaching Courses in Fall 2021
- FLT 807 Methods of Foreign Language Teaching – Dr. Fred Poole
- FLT 817 Program Development & Administration – Dr. Amanda Lanier
- FLT 845 Language Concepts – Dr. Bruna Sommer-Farias
- FLT 881 Technology in Language Teaching – Dr. Fred Poole
- FLT 841 Special Topics: Sociolinguistics & Spoken Language – Dr. Fred Poole
- FLT 885 Experiential Modules (MAFLT students only) – Dr. Bruna Sommer-Farias
- FLT 898 Final Portfolio/Comprehensive Exam (MAFLT and FLT Cert students only) – Dr. Amanda Lanier
Please review our instructions for enrollment, even if you are an experienced FLT student. The website for searching, enrolling, and reviewing academic status has changed!
New this Fall – Certificate Option for MSU Students and Lifelong Learners
As of Fall 2021, students in MAFLT courses who are not enrolled in the full MA degree can begin working toward a Graduate Certificate in Foreign Language Teaching. See details under Program Requirements. Click Help to send a request for more information.
Important Dates in Fall 2021
Sept. 1, 2021 – MSU official start for Fall 2021 – FLT courses will begin to appear in D2L
Sept. 7, 2021 – Official start for FLT courses + Fall Town Hall meeting via Zoom
Sept. 8, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to add a course for Fall 2021 (Late fee unless you are a new student)
Sept. 17, 2021 (2 p.m.) – MSU Commencement in-person for prior semesters
Sept. 27, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop a course with refund
Oct. 20, 2021 (8 p.m.) – Last day to drop a course with no 0.0 grade reported
Oct. 15, 2021 – FLT Application Deadline for Spring 2022
Nov. 22-26, 2021 – Thanksgiving in U.S. – MSU holiday, no FLT modules
Dec. 10, 2021 – MSU official end of classes before Finals Week
Dec. 17, 2021 – Last possible due date for assignments
* About the Virtual Town Hall for Fall 2021 – see Teams / SharePoint announcement for link and password.